Monday, February 9, 2009

My love will always be ΠΒΦ





I have never known support so strong.
Friendships so sincere.
A group that cares so much for each individual.

I rushed a sorority mostly because of Lauren, my cousin. The only thing I ever heard come out of her mouth was Delta Gamma this and Delta Gamma that. The things she said got me excited right away. I knew I would join a sorority even before I knew which college I would attend. When I rushed, I had a hard decision between Delta Gamma and Pi Beta Phi. Both sororities had girls that I felt I connected to.

Both were dedicated to academics and community service.

The deciding factor is always a personal one. For me, it was the fact that I felt comfortable with every girl in Pi Beta Phi. During rush I was able to talk about my life, my dreams, and even the tough times with any of the girls. I felt so comfortable and welcome at Pi Phi. They were girls I could see myself hanging out with, confiding in, and comforting. Once I pledged, I knew that Pi Phi was the right choice for me. Even after the first week, I had met so many amazing young women.

As the semester went on, I learned that this is not only a group dedicated to community outreach and networking. It was a support system. It was an empowerment group. It was a place of comfort and non judgement.

In Pi Beta Phi, I am able to speak my deepest feelings and know that I won't be judged. I know that someone will always be there, always. I know that if I'm in need of help, a sister will assist me the best she can. I know that when I have family problems or boy problems, I have dozens of girls with open arms.

This group gives me hope. It gives me hope that our world isn't full of rude, obnoxious people, but people wanting to make a difference.

I have a deep love and passion for the friendships that I have gained, even in this short time. I have never felt so comfortable with so many people. I have never clung to a group the way I cling to Pi Beta Phi.

I don't know what I would do without my sisters. Both academically and socially. They will ALWAYS be there for me and that alone brings thoughts of thankfulness and excitement.

3 comments:

flower_child said...

jill, we didn't hit it off at first, but i have grown to love you so much! everything about you is inspiring and amazing :) i love to be around you, you have such an AMAZING energy!

Unknown said...

I am SO glad that you rushed :) Best decision ever. And I am so glad that being in different sororities hasn't changed anything about our relationship! I love you soooo much and am so glad I can share the Greek system with one of my close family members now that Taylor is married and not active in Sigma Chi anymore haha. I love you and I love all your pi phi sisters. You are a great group of girls.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING JILLIAN! and i cant imagine not having you as a lifelong friend and sister!