Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baltimore

Visiting James this weekend in Baltimore was Amazing! I had so much fun! On Sunday we went to Washington, D.C. to see all the sights! As promised, here are pictures from my trip!

Our drive in...

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier! It was so cool! Every move was down to a Tee. As you can see, they have walked it so many times that the concrete is worn where they step. They do a solute every 30 minutes for an unknown soldier. We saw pictures of them doing this same ceremony in the 1950's...and they are still going strong!
This was my favorite! Abe was WAY bigger then I thought he would be!
Arlington Cemetery. It was sad to see how many people died at war. So many lost there lives for our freedom. It really makes you appreciate just what we have...
Washington Memorial. it was awesome! I just wonder WHY? why build it? It looks like it took FOREVER. and really, what's the point? I guess it looks cool...

Abe!
JFK Grave @ Arlington Cemetery
Last we went to the Holocaust Museum. It was so sad. I was literally depressed. The Jews went through so much! I can't believe some of the things they did to those people. Especially the medical experiments. Those were the worst! It was interesting to see how Hitler rose to power. After we left I told James we had to do something happy....so we got Molten Chocolate Cake at Chilis! :)

I am the saddest girl to be back in Utah. It was so nice to get away, relax, see the sights, and hang out with the boy. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. It was absolutely perfect.

& I'm ready to be in Baltimore again. It's only been one day. boo!

1 comment:

Miss Innocent said...

it's just like when I visited my boyfriend in sanfrancisco :)