Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sums 09 at an end?

It's hard to believe that summer is over. Partly because I feel like my summer never even happened. Summer school. Two words that should never be in the same sentence. But, I'm thankful I did it. I put away 9 credits. And my classes were some of the best I have taken at the U. But I didn't get to fully experience my first college summer. I didn't go on any awesome trips. I wrote papers and studied for tests.

Then again, how could I ever despise something that empowered me so much? Yet again, I'm rambling about my feminism class. Ahhh that amazing class. Hey everyone at the U! Take Communication and Gender 3070 from Nick Russel. best class ever. Seriously.

Okay, I'm done. For this post at least.

So much has happened this summer! Cassie is pregnant! My sister. 10 months older then me. The girl who I grew up with. I still remember getting all dressed up in crazy outfits, ringing the doorbell and pretending we were orphans to our parents (we were weird). And I remember getting in trouble with her. The kind where she lost her car for a month the DAY she got her licence. And when we stole the Subaru...the one that was a stick shift. We didn't know how to break. Or shift. Actually, we used the emergency brake when we wanted to stop. Oh gosh, those growing up times.

I can't believe she's gonna have one of her own. I'm so excited! It makes me feel SO OLD. ugh. I mean literally, she's less then a year older then me. And she's having kids. Insane! I can't wait to be an aunt. But, I think it will be a VERY long time until I'm having kids/getting married.

Summer. I don't even have awesome stories for the Sums of 2009. Depressing. I guess that means I'll be making up for that this fall. Which, BTW, I'm so excited about!

I MOVE INTO PI PHI IN 3 DAYS! YAYYYYYYYY! Living with about 18 of my closest girlfriends may sound like it will be dramatic and full of hell, but my thinking is quite the contrary. I'm so excited. Those girls have been with me through my entire crazy freshman year. They know things about me that most everyone doesn't. I have the BEST time with them. And I get to live with them! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Looks like that will bring some interesting blog posts.

Get excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading your blog is like reliving my life! After my freshman year I took summer school and it was soooo hard and annoying, but yes you WILL make up for it in the fall!! Especially living in pi phi!!! Cherish the time you have living there and being with your friends, because all of the sudden it will be gone and you'll be in upperdivision classes and only going out once or twice a month!!! Love you!!!